Chris Herdon has notable professional experience on
advertising, computer industry, copyright, patent & trademark, financial institutions & securities, and foreign relations issues.
Chris previously worked full-time for
- Federal policy on issues relevant to technology and Internet policy including privacy, protecting children and online safety; implementation of Children's Online Privacy Protection Act; Commercial Privacy Bill of Rights Act of 2011 (S. 799); Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2011 (S. 1151); Do-Not-Track Online Act Location Privacy Protection Act of 2011 (S. 1223); Do-Not-Track Kids Act of 2011 (H.R. 1895); Consumer Privacy Protection Act of 2011 (H.R. 1528); Video Privacy ProtectionAc...
- International regulation of software companies; restrictions on Internet access by foreign governments; Global Online Freedom Act (H.R. 3605); preserve and advance the multistakeholder governance model (H. Con. Res. 127); protecting and advancing online freedom of expression.
- Discussions regarding cyber security and data security; Data Security and Breach Notification Act of 2011 (S. 1207); Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2011 (S. 1151); Data Breach Notification Act of 2011 (S. 1408); SAFE Data Act (H.R. 2577); Data Accountability and Trust Act (DATA) of 2011 (H.R. 1841); Data Accountability and Trust Act (H.R. 1707); Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act of 2011 (H.R. 3523); SECURE IT (S. 2151); Cyber Security Act of 2012 (S. 2105);SECURE IT Ac...
- Discussions regarding reform of immigration system, including temporary high-tech worker visas and employment-based permanent residency; American Growth, Recovery, Empowerment and Entrepreneurship Act (AGREE Act; S. 1866); Startup Act 2.0 (S. 3217); Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (H.R. 3012 and S. 1857); STEM Jobs Act of 2012 (H.R. 6429).
- Education regarding Internet media information security policy and Internet privacy issues; federal privacy legislation; freedom of expression on the Internet; education regarding Facebook's tag-suggest feature and facial recognition.