Peter Lord has notable professional experience on
computer industry, copyright, patent & trademark, tax, government issues, and trade (domestic & foreign) issues.
Peter currently works full-time for
- Issues involving standards for computer software, technology products. Issues surrounding secure configuration of federal desktops standards (FDCC). Issues involving information security and common criteria.
- Tax relief; general issues. H.R. 1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009; amendments to H.R. 1 related to tax treatment of foreign source earnings. H.R. 422 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend the research credit through 2010 and to increase and make permanent the alternative simplified research credit.
- Issues pertaining to immigrant and non-immigrant visas for skilled professionals. Issues surrounding executive action on high-skilled immigration policy and visa bulletin. H.R. 5801 Protect and Grow American Jobs Act; entire bill. S.153 I-Squared Act of 2015; entire bill. S.2365 Protecting American Jobs Act; entire bill.
- National Security Agency; Oversight of Defense Department; Financial Management of DOD agencies H.R. 5658 FY09 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2009, entire bill. S. 3001 Duncan Hunter National Defense Authorization Act of 2009, entire bill. H.R. 2638 Consolidated Security Assistance and Continuing Appropriations Act, entire bill.
- S. 1683 Wired for Health Care Quality Act, sections related to Codification of the National Health IT Coordinator, Privacy and Grants. HR 3800, Promoting Heath Information Technology Act, sections related to codification of the National Health IT Coordinator, Privacy and Grants; Health Care Information Technology, general issues; HR 6357, Pro (Tech)T Act, general issues.
- Issues surrounding the internet, financial services, and medical privacy. Issues surrounding ID management, information security, information privacy and standards for health care. S. 1178 Identity Theft Protection Act, entire bill. S. 495 Personal Data Privacy and Security Act, entire bill. S. 1260/H.R. 1685 Data Security Act, entire bill. H.R. 6357 Pro(Tech)T Act of 2008, entire bill.
- Medicare and Medicaid, general issues Department of Labor, Health and Human & Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008, general issues S 1710 Department of Labor, Health & Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008, general issues
- General issues related to the statutory authority to prosecute cyber criminals. General issues related to the use of security and privacy technologies and their effect on law enforcement's lawful access to data and communications. S.356 Electronic Communications Privacy Act Amendments Act of 2015; entire bill. H.R.699 Email Privacy Act; entire bill. Issues related to Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. H.R. 1428 and S. 1600, Judicial Redress Act; entire bills. H.R. 1174 and S. 512 Law Enforcement A...